Monday, May 16, 2011

Freecycle


Since I didn't have much time this weekend or today to look for deals, I wanted to take the opportunity to invite everyone to join Freecycle! They say it best:

"It's a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (and getting) stuff for free in their own towns. It's all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills. Each local group is moderated by local volunteers. Membership is free."

It runs out of Yahoo Groups and you just post "offers" and "wanted" posts. If you're comfortable with it, the "takers" can pick up at your porch/driveway; or if not, you can meet them somewhere to exchange the items!

I've been a member of Freecycle for at least 1-2 years and love it! I can't stand throwing away things that are still perfectly good or just need a little repair. And if I'm looking for something specific, I can ask on my local group to see if anyone is wanting to get rid of one!

No comments:

Post a Comment